The Material Controller works within the Unit Material Management, which is part of the Logistics Department. The Logistics Department is responsible for the efficient and effective transport of all materials and equipment required for Allseasí offshore and onshore projects.
The Material Controller is responsible for the efficient and effective execution of the inventory control and material storage/distribution processes, for both equipment and project-related materials. With sufficient experience and knowledge gained (in depth or general) and proven capability in the field, the Material Controller can expect to obtain the title of Senior Material Controller.
The Material Controller reports directly to the Unit Head Material Management. While working on specific projects, he/she will also report to the respective Project Manager.
- BSc level with a logistical or technical background;
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Willingness to travel;
- In possession of a driving licence.
- Review project information and attend project familiarisation meetings;
- Provide project specific material control procedures and documents;
- Review M-T-O requirements against inventory records, in order to determine materials to be purchased;
- Set up and maintain the material register, by entering requisition, Purchase Order (PO), receipt and issue data;
- Receive and maintain certificates for all material and equipments required;
- Process material orders and prepare shipments for delivery to vessels and/or project locations as required;
- Monitor, inspect and register all inbound/outbound stocks;
- Monitor, inspect and register (client supplier)material deliveries;
- Report OS&D, when applicable at time of material receipts;
- Receive inspection and expediting reports;
- Provide regular updates to project teams and/or internal disciplines about tracking and tracing of materials;
- Take care of storage of required project materials, under required conditions;
- Initiate, develop and execute plans and procedures to improve existing material, equipment and inventory control processes, both on-shore and off-shore;
- Prepare transports of materials to required vessels/locations;
- Attend vessel mobilisation for verification and inspection of project materials received at the site;
- Attend demobilisation and perform a material reconciliation of all materials at the completion of a project, and ensure storage, disposal and/or return of surplus materials;
- Provide project teams and/or internal disciplines with required information related to tracking and tracing of materials;
- Perform a material reconciliation of all materials at the completion of a project, and ensure storage, disposal and/or return of surplus materials.
Further information and applications:
For further information, please contact Jolien Meijer, Recruiter, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800.